Do you enjoy solving problems and resolving them through teamwork and tact? Do you quickly build relationships and earn the trust and respect of others? As Property Manager, you will be responsible for performing and/or overseeing all office activities of a 144- unit property located in Whitmore Lake. In addition, you will maintain an accurate reporting system of resident accounts and office processes within assigned timelines. Teamwork with the ability to work within different departments and with other staff is necessary to be successful. You will take on a rewarding position with an established company where hard work pays off and advancement is always a possibility. By the way, we offer competitive pay and benefits in an excellent work environment!
- Minimum of 3 years property management, and leasing or marketing experience.
- Management experience must include the management of a team of employees.
- A professional designation of Certified Property Manager (CPM), Registered Apartment Manager (RAM), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) or similar industry designation is preferred.
- Fair Housing Certificate and awareness of fair housing laws mandatory.
- Awareness of federal and local laws as it pertains to property management.
- Management receivables, payables, budgeting for the property.
- Experience working in YARDI, Excel, and Word preferred.
- Real Estate License required or must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to work extended and varied hours.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws; directly manages front office and on-site maintenance personnel; schedule front office personnel.
- Responsible for training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraise performance, reward and discipline employees, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the owner, vendors, insurance companies, auditors, and all personnel involved with the property.
- Complete resident billing of monthly rental fees and other misc. charges; collect, process, deposit and record all income, and notify residents of non-payment.
- Perform month end closing procedure and ensures that reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner; maintain and reconcile petty cash account.
- Maintain and update the property file system on work orders, general correspondence, residents and employees.
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance with vendors and contractors.
- Provide quality, professional service to the residents including preparing paperwork for move-in, move-outs, re-certifications, and preparing and completing required lease renewal paperwork.
- Payroll administration including pay packages, termination packages, and payroll transmittals.
- Purchase and supervise the maintenance of all office and administrative supplies and equipment; process purchase invoices on a weekly basis; manage purchase orders and budget control ledger.
- Maintain department expenses within budgeted parameters.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, our employees are our most valuable asset and Legacy is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and Legacy’s achievement as well.