Legacy is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician for our 95-unit senior affordable high-rise property located in Detroit, Michigan. As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining property grounds (clean up and trash removal) including mechanical and manual snow removal, unit turns (tear down and maintenance repair of vacant units) and completing residential work orders in timely and accurate manner. This position is responsible for performing general maintenance and repair duties and requires the ability to work different shifts, including on-call, emergencies, weekends, holidays, and extended hours outdoors in different weather conditions. Teamwork with the ability to work within different departments and with other staff is necessary to be successful.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One or more years of related experience in Property maintenance
- Proficient in plumbing, electrical, structural, and appliance repair
- Experience with drywall repairs and painting are essential
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Customer Service attitude in all interactions with staff and residents
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- HVAC Certification is a plus
- Experience with REAC inspections a plus
Qualified candidates should email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer, our employees are our most valuable asset and Legacy is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and Legacy’s achievement as well.