Do you enjoy solving problems and resolving them through teamwork and tact? Do you quickly build relationships and earn the trust and respect of others? As a Leasing Consultant, you will be the first point of contact for phone and walk in traffic. The position is responsible for marketing the property and striving to maintain a high occupancy of qualified residents. Teamwork with the ability to work within different departments and with other staff is necessary to be successful. You will take on a rewarding position with an established company where hard work pays off and advancement is always a possibility. By the way, we offer competitive pay and benefits in an excellent work environment!
- High School Diploma, GED, or some college credits preferred
- One or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to take on initiatives within a fast paced environment.
- Fair Housing Certificate and awareness of fair housing laws required
- Experience with LIHTC and/or subsidized housing a plus
- Yardi experience preferred
- Answer telephones and provide leasing information, make appointments to show apartments, take maintenance requests.
- Greet potential residents, determine their needs and prepare all appropriate documents, i.e. application, guest cards; show residents models or vacant apartments; verify lease and forward all pertinent documents to property manager for approval.
- Once a lease is approved prepare move-in information and review with resident.
- Follow up verbally and in writing with all prospects who did not lease.
- Prepare all relative reports regarding the lease traffic daily.
- Inspect public areas daily and vacant apartments weekly for cleanliness.
- Assist Property Manager with advertising, newsletters, resident parties, preparing brochures, and general office duties.
- Maintain courteous and professional relationship with all residents, applicants and representatives of other companies.
- Maintain a high resident retention through renewal programs and community parties.
- Arrange resident activities, i.e. movie night, bus trips, walking groups or craft groups.
- Comply with all Fair Housing and Federal Trade Commission requirements.
- Maintain all proper licensing requirements.
- Maintains a positive Customer Service attitude in interactions with staff and property residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, our employees are our most valuable asset and Legacy is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and Legacy’s achievement as well.